Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Romantic Homes features Kim's house

I miss having a store. I have loads of display items that I've used in various shows around the country, and the store we had on Orangethorpe for a few years, but between shows they languish in my storage unit. In January I was given the opportunity to take over a corner of my favorite gift store in Fullerton, Saltwater Designs. I was one of their best customers before moving in and I continue to find wonderful things that I can't resist, even though I'm one of the vendors. Georgia and Kim have done a great job with the new location and they've made me feel welcome. We each have different tastes in merchandise and my initial idea was to sell Carmen's Veranda rubber stamps in the shop. I have found that customers like my quirky display pieces and not so much the unmounted rubber stamps. Unmounted rubber is a hard sell to someone who has no clue what to do with it. So, I've concentrated on filling my corner with paper ephemera, collectibles primarily from the 40's and 50's and have lots of tins, advertising displays and other items that have either spent time in my studio at home or in my booth at a show. I do have a few vintage baby doll heads so as not to disappoint my freaky friends, as well as mounted alphabets, lots of vintage rubber stamps, back issues of The Studio, Diamond Glaze, Micro Glaze, handmade cards, and seasonal Carmen's images. The August, 2008 issue of Romantic Homes magazine features Kim's home in Fullerton. It's right down the street from the store. If you like what you see in the magazine, you'll love what she has in the store. Kim just returned from a monthlong buying trip to the east coast and midwest and we can't wait to see what she found! Georgia has lots of great jewelry, gifts for everyone from babies to brides, dog lovers, cat lovers, and it's a great place to pick up "just the right gift" for any occasion or to treat yourself. Furniture, seasonal gifts, buttons, ribbon, candles, cards, and lots more. Saltwater Designs is located at 122 N Harbor Blvd. Fullerton (actually around the corner on Amerige) and we're open Tues - Sat and occasional Sundays. Call for directions: 714 992-0537. e.

No comments: