Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ta Ta Chronicle Number 1, October 23, 2009

Published intermittently by Elaine Madrid

Dear Friends,
Had my first chemo treatment yesterday. Anne Garcia drove me there, stayed with me through the treatment, and drove me home. Great to have such wonderful friends who are arguing over who gets to watch me get poison pumped through my veins and possibly PUKE!
I plan to approach this newest challenge with my typical good humor rather than trepidation so don’t expect “poor me” comments. Who knows, some of this information may come in handy (God forbid) since Breast Cancer Awareness Month this month has been publicizing the fact that 1 out of 8 women will get breast cancer in their lifetime.

Highlights of the experience so far:
Nobody told me I’d pee “tidy bowl blue” the day after surgery. Attractive surprise!
My “small” incisions were of Frankenstein proportions, so I’m all ready for Halloween.
My muscle regeneration exercises consist of playing “itsy bitsy spider” on the wall.
I have lost weight – the hair goes next week…not that I have a lot to lose.
I’ve already gotten several free lunches and a free haircut.
I’ve received lots of new hats and scarves for my tiny pinhead.
My friends are rallying to help me at the Carson show on Nov. 14 and 15. Be sure to stop by and say hello, but no hugs please. The arm is still tender and GERMS.
And, it’s the right breast…saves you guessing.
Love you all, keep a good thought.
Elaine

No comments: