Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Friday, February 12, 2010

Fiber Art Necklaces -- Each one is unique and chock full of vintage buttons, embellishments and surprises!

I am furiously making my fiber art necklaces for the Glitterfest boutique in May in Santa Ana and have many people stop me when I've been wearing one of the necklaces asking whether I sell them. So, I thought I'd post a few photos...I'm also hoping that this project will be chosen for one of the classes at Stampaway in August and am waiting for the word that the class is a go. First priority was to finish necklaces for a few friends' Christmas presents this year. I still have two to finish and one to mail (to my sister). Each one is completely unique. I used yarn colors and embellishments that were meaningful to each friend and will use buttons, embellishments, beads, etc. for the Glitterfest and class necklaces. A GREAT way for me to use up my huge stash of "stuff" collected over the past 20 years and "pass along the joy" of this collection to others. When I know whether the class has been chosen for Stampaway, I'll post the info. Keep your fingers crossed, it's a great project and suitable for all students, beginners and pros alike. I'm hoping to complete a special New Mexico theme necklace for the Albuquerque show using milagros, skulls and other "day of the dead" theme embellishments so will post a photo of that if I "get 'er done."

No comments: