Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Postcard and Paper Show, Saturday & Sunday, July 24 & 25 in San Marino

Unfortunately (or fortunately for my budget) I will have to miss the San Marino Postcard & Paper Show at the San Marino Masonic Center (3130 Huntington Drive, San Marino) on the weekend of July 24 & 25.  The show hours are 10 - 6 on Sat. and 10 - 4 on Sunday.  Admission is $5 for both days.  If you are interested in vintage postcards or paper ephemera of any kind, this is the place to go.  I've been to the show several times when it's been held in Pasadena and you can't believe the hundreds of thousands of individual pieces of paper; postcards, sheet music, books, vintage photos, advertising memorabilia, calling cards, trading cards, autographs -- you name it.  You start stacking up your selections into a little pile and before you know it, it can really add up, so give yourself a budget.  While I do have several sources for vintage photos, etc. (and I always hit the antique malls in Ohio when I'm there), this is one-stop shopping for anyone who likes to journal or collage.  I'm sure they'll be wheeling and dealing, particularly on Sunday, so if you have a few hours to kill and some $ to spare, perhaps you should check out this show and get on their mailing list.  Most vendors do have chairs so you can sit and peruse the boxes, bins and piles of paper...web site: http://www.postcardshows.com/.

No comments: