Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family reunion at Plymouth, Mass to honor Elizabeth Sahatjian

I just returned from a week in Massachusetts during which time I visited with my sister, my nieces and nephew, my Aunt Betty, my cousin Betty Ann and her daughter, and my cousin Bill's entire family.  Bill rented a "cottage" at Plymouth, Mass. overlooking Plymouth Harbor and kept everyone busy all week with fishing and sailing excursions, a ball game at Fenway, and just hanging out at the beach reminiscing and eating.  We honored my aunt Thursday night with a party and presents and lots of photos.  She's the matriarch of the family (my mother's sister) and she was the star of the show.  I hate to say it, but I'd never been to Plymouth before and took this opportunity to visit Plymouth Rock (smaller than I'd imagined) and walk around the town.  It was a fun week and I sampled all the great food in New England that you can't duplicate in California; steamers, lobster, fried clams, great produce, and ICE CREAM!  I doubt that we'll ever be able to get this group together again, so it was wonderful to have this opportunity to see everyone in such an idyllic setting. 

No comments: