Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Matchbooks from a bygone era

I found several pages of matchbooks at a postcard and paper ephemera show.  They must be from the 60's and 70's because Bob's Big Boy and Me 'N Ed's were on 17th street in Costa Mesa in the 60's and were our after school hangouts.  Many evenings after games and club meetings you could find LOTS of us at Bob's, when the hamburgers were 45 cents and the combos were 95 cents.  My favorite was the hot fudge sundae with the little cup of hot chocolate sauce on the side, chopped almonds and a cherry on top.  My husband and I went to Bob's after our first date and continued visiting Bob's until they closed all the OC locations.  I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Bob's and even though they've brought the restaurant back the food doesn't taste as good as it did 40+ years ago...


No comments: