Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Sunday, March 24, 2013

HACKED!

My email was hacked on Friday. I did not know until I began to receive phone calls from friends checking on me. The hacker got my password, changed my password, then set up a new email address and forwarded my incoming mail to it. It took me all day Friday, working with ATT and Yahoo to straighten it out. I lost my entire contact list and missed all incoming email for about 18 hours. I have contacted Outlook to complain, since the hacker set up a live.com email address, but have not heard back. One of my friends apparently "conversed" with the hacker online to get more info, and he has sent me that correspondence so I hope that will help us in finding him. This guy was good but when he set up the live.com email address, he misspelled my name. If you received the scam email, I am not in England, did not get mugged, and am just angry that this person approached not only my friends and family for money, but business associates and customers. I hope you all know me well enough to know that I would never email my friends for money...I'd call...

No comments: