Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lots of wonderful images to be found on Pinterest!


This image from Pinterest reminded me of the old Carmen Miranda movies with elaborately choreographed dance routines.  Oversized bananas were either wielded by the dancers or elevated as a stage for Carmen to rise into the background.  I remember these gals whipping the bananas through the air as Carmen sang and danced in one of her elaborate outfits with BIG shoes (she wasn't even 5 feet tall).   Lots of fruit, metallic materials, ruffles, fringe and RED lipstick.  She upstaged Jerry Lewis and the Marx Brothers in the movies they did together...how could they top her?

Pinterest has some great images, many that I've used in my blog posts.  If you have not discovered Pinterest yet, it's habit-forming...




No comments: