Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Last chemo of the year.

                         

Had a nice chat with a woman in the waiting area whom I had met last time we were both here for chemo.  She is on her second go-around with chemo and may need radiation again. We were discussing the fact that most people we encounter here are pretty upbeat, given the circumstances, and that makes spending so much time at the hospital a little easier.  Having my second radio surgery on Jan 8 in LA for another area that the doctors have been watching since my brain surgery in 2013. This should be the last treatment; the procedure in September is apparently working and that treated area is shrinking. This procedure has a 90% success rate so I am hopeful that this is it. Going to a Clippers game on Jan 9, thanks to Dr Melnick, and am excited about that. The seats are 3 rows behind the Clipper bench! A ray of sunshine following another procedure - my reward. Very quiet holiday, minimal decorations, but I did get all my Christmas cards mailed on time! Had dinners with friends during the holidays, spent a night at the Mission Inn for Mike's birthday and generally relaxed. It's what old folks do. Happy new year everyone!

                            
                                   Mission Inn, Riverside, all decked out for Christmas.

No comments: