Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Monday, May 9, 2016

Busy day in Pasadena

Spent Saturday in the Pasadena area with girlfriends. Visited our favorite shops in South Pasadena; Marz, Rue de Mimo and Koi. Koi was having a great sale so several of us picked up a few new outfits. Ate at Jody's favorite cafe, Cafe Fiore...best bread and everything is so fresh! Headed to Pasadena to Gold Bug on Union St. I had found the store when I was in Pasadena last month and vowed to return with this group of girlfriends whom I knew would be intrigued. I don't know how to describe the store; curiousity shop, taxidermy, John Derian plates, parlor cards and objects d'art. The shop windows featured several two foot tall taxidermy beavers...wearing crowns. I bought a baby doll head with a beak, what else?  Finished the day at Vroman's bookstore, a Pasadena fixture for 120 years. We were going to catch a movie but as is our usual luck with movies, it was no longer playing. I strongly suggest all these stores, a day's worth of entertainment even if you are just window shopping!


No comments: