Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Albuquerque Rubber Stamp Convention on March 14 & 15, can't wait!

I just sent 3 plates of new rubber stamp images to the engraver in preparation for the Albuquerque show. If I can get my vulcanizer working this weekend, I'll be in good shape. I finished the complete set of 18 "loteria" cards and put them all on one plate -- new ones are a monkey, a clown, an owl, a nun, a magician, a butterfly (for the gals at the Mariposa Gallery, I've been promising that for 2 years), and cat (all with their appropriate Spanish names). Also did a new VERY large crow (side view), a smaller version in reverse side view, a funky crow with wings spread, a large "crows in the sky background" and a funny row of dancing crows as an addition to my collection of ATC strip stamps. New leopard and graffiti backgrounds, some new words stamps, and several other ATC strip patterns. Last year I introduced a new group of images that I named BBW (big, bold women) because they are large head and shoulder images (4x4") and very bold, black on white. I did not have those for Albuquerque last spring, so they'll debut at the show in March and include a new Frida, Georgia O'Keeffe, Katarina, the Bronte Sisters, Mona, as well as 5 new large backgrounds and an updated collection of "Wizard of Odd" stamps. Something for everyone. I'll post a few of the new images and samples before I leave for Albuquerque. I love doing this show. The people are so great, they "get" my stuff, and even though I only have one day to shop this trip, I'll be stopping by the Nob Hill area to check out Mariposa Gallery and grab a bite at the Flying Star Cafe. If it's a really good show, maybe we'll treat ourselves to dinner at the Artichoke Cafe...

No comments: