Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Quick trip to Stamp Your Heart Out, Claremont

Just returned from a very quick trip to Claremont this morning. Met my friend Beverly at Stamp Your Heart Out (she'd never been before), bought some much-needed stamp pads and not-so-much-needed other items. Joan had a wonderful selection of Valentine papers, stamps, etc. and the store was well-stocked as usual with the latest stamp images, products, magazines and books. It is well worth the drive. I left Placentia at about 9:20 and was there in less than half an hour. We hit a few other shops and had lunch but Beverly had to cut our trip short to make a meeting at school at 1:30. For dessert we bought cookies "for the road" at Some Crust Bakery on Yale. Chose "chocolate decadence" and couldn't wait until I got home to eat it so I broke off a piece in the car -- it was like a gooey brownie. Scrumptious! Made it home in time for thunder, lightning and a downpour and found my new stamp plate waiting for me. I'm pressing rubber as I write this; new Edgar Allen Poe and Dali faces, did the skeleton shrine in a smaller size due to popular demand, have some new owls and new New Mexico big letter postcards for the show in 2 weeks. Will scan and post the plate on the blog in the next few days. Shop at small stores! Claremont is a charming university town with loads of great gift shops, places to eat, and of course, Stamp Your Heart Out...not too many stamp stores left, and few as great as this one, so try to make a trip to Claremont in the near future.

No comments: