Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Finishing my Gertrude Stein/Picasso thesis

One thing I've learned while writing my art history thesis on Gertrude Stein and Picasso is how much has been published about these two unique artists and how little I actually knew about them when I started.  Picasso was truly an artistic chameleon -- he mimicked, copied, borrowed, and invented so many genres.  I had never seen this painting of the woman and crow, but after finding out that crows and ravens have "healing properties" according to Zuni legend, I googled raven and crow art and this popped up.  No single book has all Picasso's work and believe me, I've read or perused LOTS!  What a nice surprise.  Final draft of paper deadline Sunday, two weeks to do power point presentation, then one more week of editing/improving paper and I'm done until August 30...a rose is a rose is arose.

No comments: