Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Speaking of wings...

I'm rearranging my home office and decided to change my mannequin's attire and rearrange my baby doll head collection.  The main purpose was to include the wings I purchased at Mrs. Tiggy Winkle's by Kelly Rae Roberts...do I sense a trend here?  The mannequin now sports a pair of white feather wings (thanks to the Savers thrift store Halloween line) and two felted floral scarves.  The orange floral scarf Jody bought for me not knowing that I had already purchased the red one in Coeur d'Alene in April.  I guess she knows me pretty well.  To allow space for the metal wings, I used two white shelves found recently at Goodwill to display my favorite baby doll heads.  Some of the also-ran baby doll heads will be for sale at the November Carson show (Nov. 10 & 11) along with lots more vintage items, paper ephemera, a whole new group of stamps, and of course, Christmas images.  Rush to my booth, Tim Holtz... I've always liked heads, body parts and wings, but lately I've gravitated to lots of bird images, especially crows and ravens...and I don't like birds!  Maybe it's the sense of freedom a bird has, flying above the chaos and crapping on everyone's head...I DO like that...

No comments: