Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

One of my resolutions for 2013 is to post something every day on my blog.  Here is post #1. 

I just perused the holiday cards we received this year and realized how many previous co-workers, friends from high school, neighbors and rubber stamping friends still take the time to keep in touch.  You would think that mailing a card would be almost obsolete, but friends still take the time to do it even though an email greeting would be faster, cheaper and serve the same purpose.  I think it has something to do with our age...not everyone my age has mastered the intricacies of the internet quite yet, and, I have many creative friends who still enjoy making their cards.  This year I noticed far more photo cards, and many of them featured our friends with their grandchildren, their travels, and their pets.  I am  happy that people want to maintain this connection, even if it's only once a year, and I resolve not to give up on sending holiday cards in the foreseeable future, if you'll do the same.

One of my friends passed away several years ago but his wife has carried on his tradition of sending quirky holiday cards.  This year she sent me a glitter Christmas tree and a 3-pack of peep snowmen.  Mike would be proud, Chris.  I found a funny cheese-related item that made me think of him; we called him The Cheeseman for a while.  I think it was because he had an inordinate number of Velveeta boxes and used them to package his customers' purchases.  We also called them Mr. and Mrs. Coffee (for Coffee Break design).  One of the funniest, drollest individuals I have ever met and I miss him a lot, but am glad to still have Chris and Andy to carry on his legacy.

Here's to you Cheeseman.  Wish you were here.  Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments: