Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Art is all around

A number of diverse art exhibits in SoCal this spring.  I've got to plan accordingly so as not to miss them.  Jackson Pollock's "Mural" is at the Getty, not too many Pollock's of this size available for viewing on the west coast.  Mike Kelley has an  installation at MOCA; I wouldn't exactly call it a "fabric" installation, but he uses old sweaters and fabric in his three dimensional work.  I am sure you will either love it or hate it.  At the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana - animal mummies!  Since I have rubber stamps in the Carmen line of a baboon and cat mummy, I think I must go.  MOLAA has a show of photos of Frida Kahlo that several friends have already seen and pronounced great.  And, the Calder show is still at LACMA until mid-summer.  In the beginning you needed reservations and I am sure toward the end of the run you'll need them again, but right now you can probably walk right in on a weekday.  Check with LACMA to see if this is the case.  More on the "art world" in SoCal as I become aware of new shows.

No comments: