Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The wind gusts are unbelievable and I can smell smoke.

We are having a spell of hot weather this week and Santa Ana winds which come blowing down the Santa Ana Canyon into Orange County have kicked up in the past 2 days.  I can't even imagine how strong the wind gusts are...some of our large potted plants are bent perpendicular to the ground and the palm trees in the neighborhood are dropping fronds all over the place.  We are always worried about fire when we have these winds, and our present drought condition (recent rain notwithstanding) makes it even more worrisome.  I tried to take a video with my iPhone and it almost blew out of my hands.  These winds make everyone crazy!

No comments: