Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Where do I begin?

Sold my business, retired from my job, got a dog, cancer is back.  That about sums up the past 3 months...

Linda Malcom of Lost Coast Designs bought Carmen's Veranda and the timing could not have been better. The November Carson rubber stamp show was this past weekend and I brought rubber and samples to the show for her...that was the end of Carmen's activities for me.  The two companies will blend well and I wish her the best!

I officially retired from Dr Melnick 's office and my going away party is today.  13 years of working for a wonderful man and working with great co-workers.

One of the first items of business when Mike retired in May was to get a dog.  In late June we rescued a Jack Russell/Cairn Terrier mix from the animal shelter.  His name is Truman (in honor of Truman Capote) due to his diminutive size, white hair and big attitude.  He is very calm, affectionate and entertains us daily.  We have taken him on an overnight trip to Del Mar to see what kind of traveller he is and plan a few more one or two night trips in the near future.  He is my therapy dog and cuddles on the glider on our back patio every day.  Life is  great with this little dog!  

My friend Sally Lynch opened a store in Fullerton this summer called Create From  Scrap.  It is all recycled craft materials and again, the timing was perfect! I have happily given Sally and friends loads of stuff from my Carmen days.  Fixtures , supplies, etc.  I am close to moving out of the studio in Anaheim and getting what is left into a storage unit very close to home.  I am doing a Trunk Show at Sally 's store on Sat. Nov. 29 with some of my remaining treasures, 10-2 at 816 E Chapman Ave Fullerton.  I am also doing a workshop at the store on Sat Dec 6 from noon til 2:30, "Shrines with paper bead embellishments" and it's $10 with all supplies provided.  Call the store to reserve your spot.  714-864-4949. Great project for all ages for Christmas!

And finally, I am back in chemo again.  In August scans revealed that the cancer is spreading and since I have always tolerated the chemo fairly well, decided to give it another shot.  I did have a Porta Cath placed for quicker access and fewer needle pokes, so that is a big improvement this time around. 

Everything happens for a reason; the sale of Carmen's moved very quickly, the move out of the studio, and Truman joining the family at just the right time, all to simplify my life and unclutter my mind.  
Life is good.

No comments: