Contact me:

elainemadrid@att.net
elainemadrid.blogspot.com
(714) 865-9209 (cell)
dadasmama or Elaine Madrid (Pinterest)

Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Raining Dolls at Ten Women Venice

Made a quick trip to Ten Women Venice on Saturday. It's a wonderful gallery that represents the artwork of ten women (who rotate) and they had a special exhibit, "It's Raining Dolls." I especially like Patricia Ander's creepy dolls, so when I realized she was involved, I really wanted to go. The show runs until September 30, so if you have a chance, you should stop by. And, lots of galleries, shops and eating along Abbott Kinney in Venice. I'll try to upload some of the photos to entice you. Check out their other gallery or go online, I've put up a link. One other gallery we really enjoyed was the Gebert Gallery, also on Abbott Kinney. Exhibit running through Oct 8 of John Randall Nelson. Check out the size of those heads! Monumental wooden and metal sculptures that look like folk art dolls, paintings too.

No comments: